Everybody dreams-----But why and how?

(Photo : Google pics)

Hello friends,

            I came back with my next topic. I hope you all have read my previous article and may have liked it. As I had told you in my last article that I will write about dreams in my next article, so I am here with it. So, guys, I hope you all have that doubt that what exactly is a dream? Why we see them when we sleep? Sometimes we tell dreams may come true and all. Do they really come true or they are just imagination? You will get all these answers in my article further.

What are dreams?

          Dreams are images and imagery, thoughts, sounds and voices and subjective sensations experienced when we sleep. These can include people you know, people you have never seen, places you have gone and places you have never been to. Sometimes they are as mundane as recalling events that happened earlier in the day. They can be your deepest and darkest fears and secrets and most private fantasies. There are no limits what a mind can experience in a dream. A person’s stressed life can also manifest in their dreams plainly or be cleverly distinguished in imagery. According to Sigmund Freud, dreams are a window into our own unconscious mind.

When do we get dreams?

                  In my last article, I have said about different stages of sleep. I have said about the REM stage of sleep. REM sleep is characterized by rapid eye movement, increased respiration and increased brain activity. Due to the increased brain activity, most dreaming occurs during REM stage of sleep. But they can occur in other stages of sleep too, but it’s rare.

(Photo : Google pics)
There are many theories about why we dream, but no one knows for sure. Some of the research says dreams have no purpose or meaning and are nonsensical activities of the sleeping brain. Other says dreams are necessary for mental, emotional and physical health.

In one study, researchers woke subjects just as they were drifting off into REM sleep. They found that those who were not allowed to dreams experienced:

Increased tension
Anxiety
Depression
Difficulty concentrating
Lack of coordination
Weight gain
Tendency to hallucinate

Guys, we all should know that dreams exist to:

Help to solve problems in our lives
Incorporate memories
Process emotions

If you go to bed with a troubling thought, you may wake with a solution, or at least feel better about the situation.

Famous scientist, Sigmund Freud believed dreams are a window into our subconscious. He believed they reveal a person’s:

Unconscious Desires
Thoughts 
Motivations 


~ Soumita Ganguly

Previous Article :


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts